Following the most recent Government directive the Club will be closed from 8.00pm on Wednesday 04/11/20 until Wednesday…
Following the most recent Government directive the Club will be closed from 8.00pm on Wednesday 04/11/20 until Wednesday 02/12/20.
The main gates to the Club will be locked for the duration of this period and the Clubhouse and tennis courts will be out of bounds.
We expect the Club to reopen on Thursday 03/12/20 and a further communication will emailed closer to the time.
Please note that during this period some members of staff will occasionally be working inside the clubhouse however no access to the Club will be permitted.
Tennis Court Maintenance
On Tuesday 11th. August, tennis courts 1,2 and 3 will be closed for repainting. I anticipate that the…
On Tuesday 11th. August, tennis courts 1,2 and 3 will be closed for repainting. I anticipate that the painting will take 3 days but we need to allow 5 days after that for the paint to harden before the courts can be opened. Weather permitting, the first day when play will be possible on these courts will therefore be Wednesday 19th. of August. If this changes, we will try to let you know as soon as possible.
I apologise for the short notice at a time when many of us are enjoying being back on court, but we have only just had these dates confirmed. I hope that any members who have booked these courts during this period will feel that the inconvenience of missed games will be offset by the enjoyment of playing on newly painted courts. I would also like to thank the club board for supporting this work at a time when the club's finances are under considerable strain.
Peter Halliday for the Tennis Committee
Covid 19 update Wednesday 22/07/20
We are pleased to announce that the Snooker Room is to be reopened for use from Friday 24/07/20.…
We are pleased to announce that the Snooker Room is to be reopened for use from Friday 24/07/20.
New rules for the use of the snooker table
• Play will be restricted to singles matches and bookings limited to 1 hour (If no one has booked the following session then it is permitted to play for longer). Games must be booked with both names entered on the Fastcourts system in order to facilitate contact tracing. When booking please bear in mind the restricted club opening hours.
• Players must not enter the club if they are symptomatic or living with someone who has a possible confirmed case of COVID-19
• Players must wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before leaving home and sanitise their hands before and after play. Players must ensure that their hands are dry before touching the table or rests.
• No shaking hands before or after play
• Avoid unnecessary touching of the table, such as leaning on the table edges
• Players must use their own cues – clean and wipe these down before and after play. Do not share equipment – allocate a rest for each player. Players should use their own chalk and cue towel, and not leave these on the side of the table. Avoid sharing ‘touch points’, such as triangles and scoreboards. Avoid congregating around the table before or after play to allow access for others and remain at least one metre+ apart from others at all times, sticking to opposing sides of the table where possible.
• Doors and windows must be left open to allow natural ventilation.
• Members requiring drinks will need to pre-order on arrival and collect from the bar downstairs.
• Pack up and leave the table before the end of the booking to avoid overlap with the next players.
• Although the snooker room is open, all other upstairs areas of the club remain out of bounds.
Coronavirus Update 03/07/20
Good News! The Clubhouse will be reopening on Saturday 04/07/20.
Please note this will initially be in a…
Good News! The Clubhouse will be reopening on Saturday 04/07/20.
Please note this will initially be in a limited capacity as follows.
The bar will be open for ordering drinks and light refreshments. To begin with this will be an outdoor service only. The clubhouse will only be open for members, using the bar or playing tennis, to use the toilet facilities. All other areas of the clubhouse are out of bounds.
Monday – Friday: Mornings 11.00am until 2.00pm, Afternoons 5.00pm until 7.30pm
Saturdays: Mornings 11.00am until 2.00pm, Afternoons 4.00pm until 6.00pm
Sundays: Mornings 11.00am until 2.00pm
Tables and chairs have been laid out allowing members room to socially distance, the marquee has been erected in case of inclement weather. Please remember that groups must be limited to a maximum of 6 people and must observe Government guidelines at all times. Bar and food orders will be taken and delivered to an outside serving station, tables can be reserved by calling the Club on 01206 913075.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING CASH PAYMENTS SO PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR DEBIT CARD WITH YOU.
Coronavirus Update 14/05/20
Following the Government announcement that tennis is now a permitted leisure activity we will be making the tennis courts available…
Following the Government announcement that tennis is now a permitted leisure activity we will be making the tennis courts available for restricted play from Friday 15/05/20. We will be adhering to LTA guidelines (link at end of email) where applicable but would like to point out the following rules that will apply. If you are intending to play please read the LTA in conjunction with our local rules.
1. The top car park will be open every day from 9.00am until 7.00pm to allow access to the courts. It is anticipated that if there is strong demand then this will be extended as the days get longer.
2. Courts must be booked in advance using the Club’s FastCourts booking system and limited to 1 hour time slots.
3. The courts are padlocked and members wanting to play must request the combination by calling 07730433491. Please do not share the combination with others.
4. Play is limited to no more than two people per court (other than where players are from the same household where doubles play is permissible)
5. When serving, players must use their own tennis balls unless playing with members of their own household. Balls should be returned to the server by kicking or flicking with your racket therefore minimising risk of contamination.
6. Players must finish play 10 minutes before the end of their booking to ensure maximum social distancing when entering and exiting courts.
7. Ensure you take all your belongings and any rubbish with you at the end of the session and do not leave anything on court.
8. Please note that there will be no access to the Clubhouse.
One-to-one lessons with Tom will recommence on Saturday 16/05/20. If you would like to book a lesson please call him on 07947 667183.
Following the advice from the Government regarding social distancing and avoiding pubs and clubs we have decided to take the…
Following the advice from the Government regarding social distancing and avoiding pubs and clubs we have decided to take the following actions to safeguard our members and staff. With immediate effect and until further notice the club opening hours will change as follows.
Monday Friday 11.30am – 8.00pm, Saturday 10.00am – 6.00pm, Sundays closed
During this time we will be limiting entry to 10 members at any one time. The squash courts and changing rooms will be closed and the sports bar will be out of bounds. Please note that in order to prevent infection that we will only accept payment by debit card.
Tuesday Saturday 12.00am – 3.00pm
A sandwich menu will be available. We will also be running down stocks of other meals, please call the club for more information on what is available.
The tennis courts will be available for use as normal and we advise members to continue to use the Fastcourts booking system. Please note that we will be padlocking the courts and issuing members the combination on request.
Tennis Lessons will continue to go ahead. Please communicate with Tom directly regarding bookings.
1. During this period we will be running with a skeleton staff so please bear with us!
2. We will continue to disinfect all areas regularly during the day. We ask that members also adhere to guidelines to wash hands regularly and self-isolate, even if experiencing mild symptoms.
3. If the Government enforce more stringent measures than we will take the appropriate action. This will be advised in future articles.
Fastcourts will only allow you to book courts not Functions at the Officers' Club. For Functions please go to www.cgoclub.co.uk
Sorry we don't allow guest booking. If you would like to contact the club please use the form below.
CONTACT CLUB Admin
FastCourts // Helping you play more
Recovering your FastCourts account
Forgotten your password? Not a problem. You can reset your password by entering
the email address registered with your account below. We'll send you an email
with instructions on resetting your password to enable you to log back in.
Login to Your Account
Ways to get in touch
Thank you for your interest in FastCourts. There are several ways
of getting in touch.
Having issues using our services? No problem - first off, it's worth seeing if your
issue has been addressed in our FAQs where the most frequently encountered issues and their
resolutions can be found.